The Sizzle Showdown with Recipe to Share
While I do not cook, much less grill -I can appreciate those who can! This past spring, Macy’s launched a contest to find the Great American Grilling Guru. Contestants from all over the country submitted their original recipes and Macy’s picked three semi-finalists for each region. Those semi-finalists competed in head-to-head competitions - and the winners from each region competed in the final round here in New York City recently for a chance to win $10,000 and a trip to see the 2015 Macy’s Fourth of July fireworks.
Cool! But wait, it was called a "Sizzle Showdown" - and boy, was it hot! Not just the weather, but the competition! It was a fun day of watching six top grill masters compete for the title of Grilling Guru. The judges were celebrity chefs Johnny Iuzzini and Todd English, members of Macy's Culinary Council.
Here is a breakdown of the contestants and their judged dishes:
1. Sarah M. (Maine) – Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Herb Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
2. Sonya G. (Minnesota) – Pesto Citrus Prosciutto Grilled Shrimp with Mandarin Orange Grilled Red Pepper Fruit Salsa
3. Devon D. (New Jersey) – Crab Sliders with Firecracker Chow & Avocado Tartar Cream
4. Mary S. (Oklahoma) – Pork & Beef Braids with Charred Apple-Mango Reduction on Grilled Kale
5. Sherri W. (Florida) – Grilled Thai Lamb Loin Chops
6. Jack S. (California) – Steak and Potato Sliders with Basil/Gorgonzola
At the end of the one-hour timeframe, the chefs selected Sherri W. as the winner. Woohoo for South NY - ummmm... I mean, Florida!
Here is the winning recipe that I'd love to share with you - I trust you can cook?! :) Enjoy and happy summer!
Top NYCFG Posts
NYC Foodie Girl's Top Foodie Picks --that's a hard topic! I'm asked a lot, "So, you write a blog about food - what's yo...
While I do not cook, much less grill -I can appreciate those who can! This past spring, Macy’s launched a contest to find the Great A...
Big Gay Ice Cream (photo: Yelp) This is my 2015 Top Three Best Places to Grab Ice Cream* in NYC - and believe me, there's a whole l...