It's Pancake Day! Here's a yummy recipe to inspire your taste buds!
Ricotta Pancakes with Nutella & Warm Strawberry Sauce
• 1 cup low fat ricotta
• ½ cup reduced fat milk
• 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
• ¾ cup flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• Oil spray
• 7 oz strawberries, hulled & thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 tsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
TO MAKE THE PANCAKES:
• Put the ricotta, egg yolks and milk into a bowl and mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and
salt and combine until you have a smooth batter. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and
beat until soft peaks form and then gently fold into the ricotta mixture.
• Spray a large non stick pan with oil and drop in 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
Cook for about one minute until golden and then flip over and cook for another minute.
Remove from pan and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
• Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until
syrupy. When ready to serve, spread 2 tsp of Nutella® onto each pancake and top with the
NYC Foodie Girl has 2 jars of Nutella to send directly to YOU! Must have a U.S. Mailing Address! Just follow the Rafflecopter instructions and a winner will be chosen at random this FRIDAY! Product will be sent directly from the good people @nutellausa! Enter now!
Disclaimer: NYCFoodieGirl.com was not compensated for the Nutella products and only received product for giveaway purposes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway